Role – Associate Director- Sales
Location: India (Delhi and Mumbai)
Purpose of the role :
The associate director of sales is responsible for respective region sales, as well as ensure our products are marketed appropriately. The associate director of sales coordinate sales teams to meet sales goals and maximize revenue by using industry best practices and emerging techniques. The associate director also helps create and develop new marketing strategies to raise awareness of products among new and existing customers.
Since the associate director of sales will play several roles, you must be able to multitask and coordinate multiple teams at the same time; you must also possess strong time management skills to meet organizational deadlines. The associate director of sales must be able to communicate effectively and have creativity to identify sales trends and prepare sales pitch. You should also know how to evaluate ongoing sales and marketing programs, as well as be able to revise those programs when necessary. For this role travel may be necessary.
Outcome (Quantifiable Objective ):
- Develop, manage, and lead a team to achieve all targets and KPIs
- Participate in regular meetings with senior management to review market performance
- Drive strategy and execution
- Share and seek out best practices and knowledge
- Great time management, task prioritization, and organizational skills are a must
- This position also requires daily interactions with hotels (clients), team members and various critical departments within the organization. In many cases, interactions with both internal and external parties will be at mid and upper management levels and key decision makers.
- Develop and nurture executive relationships with hospitality and travel companies within the region
- Sell the Company’s product by creating and maintaining leads and target lists for potential new customers by identifying potential target areas, potential hotel targets and sales blitz opportunities.
- Demo our solution with the goal of converting a prospect into a paying customer
- Train and inform partners of both new and existing technologies, tools, and models
- As part of this exciting role you may be required to do public speaking, hosting seminars and travel for your job
- Prepare sales decks and relevant presentation materials to aid in growing our business during partner meetings
- Experience in SaaS sales in hospitality, travel/tourism, booking engines or online travel agencies (OTAs) is highly desirable
- Accountable for achievement of sales targets
- Provide product enhancement feedback based on market/customer needs to internal organization
- Be the brand ambassador of the company during trade shows and other official occasions/events.
- Ability to travel 60-70% of time
- Ensure teamwork with subordinates, superiors, and colleagues across departments
- Develop new tools that contribute to greater productivity and efficiency
- Prepare and present high-quality weekly reports
Competencies (Technical & Soft Skills)
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Leadership in working with medium-sized teams with strong interpersonal skills
- Report weekly/monthly KPI’s and key metrics internally to showcase successes and highlight potential opportunities
- Superior presentation skills, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively push the company’s agenda and communicate with and gain buy-in from key stakeholders preferred
- Superior negotiation skills
- Proven success in acquiring, building & maintaining long term customer relationships strongly preferred
- Ability to source and develop new business partners
- Fluency in English is required. Any of regional language fluency will be added advantage
- Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel fluency
- Open minded approach and willingness to learn new things
Qualification Summary: MBA from a prestigious institute
Experience: 8-10 Years (Minimum 5 years hospitality and/or travel experience)